CLOUD SECURITY TOOLSET
Technology has changed the way we collect, process, and analyze data with advanced speeds and volume. With the transformation of technology, the way data is managed and protected must be changed as well. AIT provides an array of management, protection methods, tools, and techniques of data and IT services so our clients can concentrate on what they do best instead of worrying about a compromised website. We will manage and monitor your network to ensure the latest updates and security patches are applied properly. Our featured manage and protection data and IT services will optimize the performance of your network efficiently and productively.
AIT is a managed security service provider delivering security remotely affordable support to SMB to medium-sized organizations. These services always start with a security assessment. A security assessment provides vital information about the current status of a network and what needs to be done to optimize protection. Also, AIT provides Endpoint Protection, DNS Protection, and Security Training.
AIT will keep your users safe and productive. It complements traditional antivirus engines and firewalls by letting you define your own content-filtering policies, website blacklists, time – and content-based browsing policies, and much more through:
- Endpoint Protection protects against threats across numerous vectors such as; email, web browsing, file attachments, hyperlinks, display ads, social media apps, and connected devices like USB drives, as well as other blended threats with the potential to deliver malicious payloads.
- DNS Protection analyzes and categorizes IP addresses, and URLs to protect against malicious IP addresses and phishing sites. AIT provides 82 URL categories to determine the right usage policies for our clients.
- Security Training is provided to end-users to reduce the impact of malware, ransomware, and other compromises. End users are a company’s first line of defense. Educating end-users on the best cybersecurity practices can tremendously strengthen the security footprint of an organization.
Developing and maintaining content on websites are really easy due to content management systems (CMS) such as WordPress, Joomla!, Drupal, Magento, etc. These systems have architectures, plugins, and modules to eliminate time from learning web development and launching an online business website.
However, these same CMS tools expose the networks to several security flaws. These vulnerabilities and risks can allow threats to exploit gaping security holes that can lead to compromises or breaches that can ruin a business. SMBs are more prone to cyber threats because of the lack of resources to hire talent that has the knowledge base to implement security measures against these threats.
AIT, as your virtual CIO (vCIO), addresses one of the major problems SMB organizations face today: the lack of access to talented security professionals. Competing with larger firms for security talent can be daunting. Statistically, organizations who outsource to manage security service providers lower the risk of losing intellectual property critical to security policies, processes, and procedures.
Websites are at risks due to outdated patches and updates. As your vCIO, will keep your website plugins and CMS updated. Automated attacks are more prevalent due to “point and click” hacking tools. These Bots are set loose to constantly scan sites for any exploitation opportunity. It has become no longer good enough to update once a month or even once a week because bots are very likely to find a vulnerability before you patch it. AIT also develops a firewall for each website to patch up security holes and reduce the chances of websites and endpoints being compromised.
AIT can manage patching policies from an automated process or customize for certain devices giving clients a peace of mind that their network is secured and protected from malicious attacks.
AIT makes sure you are always aware of who and what is connected to your networks. With devices continually being added and removed, we can properly manage all endpoints before there are any issues.
Website security flaws are exposed due to multiple users with unnecessary elevated privileges to perform functions on the website. To deter mistakes and reduce the fallout of exploited accounts each user is assigned an individual account. Also, file permissions will be adjusted by AIT to control who can do what to files to harden security features. IT will monitor and manage audit logs for suspicious activities to determine the proper course of action to guard against breaches.
AIT will secure each website root passwords with the policy of:
- Not reusing the same passwords
- Having passwords 12 or longer characters
- Use of random passwords
- Different passwords for each CMS database
- Different passwords for each FTP user
These services mentioned above and below are most valuable for customers who lack the internal resources necessary to effectively manage complex systems, or customers seeking to defer capital expenses in favor of leveraging operation budget.
We can proactively stay ahead of all malware threats, both known and emerging by installing anti-virus solutions on all systems and devices. This solution will not only guard against malicious code and scripts but also identify and alert AIT so corrective actions could be taken to protect and secure website or network. AIT has adopted these standards when implementing, monitoring, and maintaining Anti-virus:
- Virus protection will be installed on every machine on the network.
- Anti-virus clients, servers, and gateway products are kept actively running and capable of generating audit logs at all times.
- The master installation of the software will be enabled for automatic updates and periodic scans, and the servers will also have these features enabled.
- The master installation will automatically push updates out to the systems and devices on the network.
- Update to e-mail gateway, server systems, and end-user systems will occur within one (1) hour of receipt of software updates.
- Specific actions will be taken to protect against mobile code performing unauthorized actions. Mobile code protection will be implemented and regularly updated to include anti-virus and anti-spyware.
- Rules for the migration of software from development to operational status will be defined and documented by the organization hosting the affected application(s), including that development, test, and operational systems will be separated (physically or virtually) to reduce the risks of unauthorized access or changes to the operational system.
AIT has management capabilities to manage and secure mobile devices.
Automation & Scripting
Routine checks and tasks allow us to free up time and increase efficiency while offering a more consistent and more proactive service to our clients.
Backup and Recovery
No one ever looks forward to having a website compromised, but AIT offers an affordable comprehensive strategy to backup websites from either a security incident or natural disaster for recovery purposes.
SMBs can afford business class protection of servers and workstations with back up and recover at a file, application, or systems-level available for both physical and virtual machines. Backup & Recovery is secure and provides both backup and recovery statistics.
Also, the prevalence of attacks being automated AIT will adjust to control comments, users, and the visibility of user information to reduce the chances of compromise from not changing the CMS application default settings.
Finally, AIT will monitor and analyze extensions to determine if they are updated, legitimate, and trusted. Once again easy does not mean safe. These easy applications need hardening in order to keep the website from being hacked.
Remote Monitoring & Management
AIT enforces compliance in order to maintain a secure network environment. End devices are restricted from installing unknown and unauthorized software from external resources such as the Internet. We identify unauthorized software and prevent any execution on the internal network. Safeguards are implemented to protect the network from unauthorized execution of code.
Remote Monitoring and Reporting Feature
Proper web server configuration is an integral step to website security that executes rules and directives. AIT prevent directory browsing that prevents a malicious user from content in every directory on the website. Also, AIT disallows other websites from displaying images hosted from your website to keep bandwidth from being used to display some other website’s images. AIT finally protects sensitive files such as database login information, admin files, and PHP directories.
AIT performs real-time network visibility that is effective. With features such as background monitoring, automated tasks for large groups of devices and maintenance windows to ensure business productivity, we gain new levels of awareness and to better secure and protect our clients’ network infrastructure.
AIT will secure your network adhering to industry compliance. Call us today for a free consulting session.